GENERAC IX SERIES 2000 PORTABLE INVERTER GENERATOR REVIEW
Inverter technology – creates quiet and clean energy
Inverter generators use a different type of alternative to generating AC power. The gross output power is converted from DC to AC by a controlled inverter module computer. The engine speed varies according to the power demand, which significantly reduces noise and fuel consumption compared to a standard portable generator.
The end result is a portable generator with reduced weight and the size and power that is ultra-clean and safe by feeding sensitive electronic components.
Generac’s iX Series inverter technology takes the raw power produced by the generator and passes it through a special electronic microprocessor to provide clean and stable power, safe for computers and other sensitive electronic devices.
Generac ix2000 noise level & Fuel Level
Quietness can be very important for these small portable generators, no one wants a hatch or field next to a lawnmower. Investors are intrinsically quieter than traditional generators, which does not say much, but being as quiet as (or quieter than) Honda is a show that many have tried, but so far have not been achieved. From the looks of Generac he did.
A feature we really enjoy in Generac IQ2000 is the card that shows the “smartest” digital fuel level, the remaining time of operation, power usage, and generator status. This is a great advantage and much better than a small caliber needle. Fuel consumption varies depending on what is connected with this generator can easily say with a look if you get about 3 hours or 6 hours with its current configuration.
Ultra Weight Design
The ultra lightweight design is specifically designed for easy portability. Select three engine regimes, depending on power demand, to significantly reduce noise and fuel consumption. In addition, parallel capacity means it can combine two generators for almost twice the power – without sacrificing portability.
Too often we see people buying generators too big for their needs. If you are looking to really run your home with a portable generator you should really consider installing a manual transfer switch to cover cockpit pumps, oven fans, kitchen equipment, and more eg. lights and electronics. Then a 7000W, 8000W or even a 10,000W generator might be the Generac generator for you.
Safe for Electronics
Inverter technology takes the raw power produced by the generator and passes it through an electronic microprocessor to provide clean, stable power that’s safe for computers and other electronic devices.
- Up to 40% lighter than a standard generator of equal watts
- FlexPower to save fuel, reduce noise and safely power sensitive electronics
- Low oil shutdown protection prevents engine from damage
- LED indicator lights on the control panel indicate system status
- Electronic circuit breakers protect against overloads
- This item cannot be returned
Convenient Power Source
2000 running watts and 2200 starting watts.
Super Quiet and Campground Friendly
Full enclosure drastically reduces sound levels.
Compact, Lightweight Design
Easy to carry wherever you need power.
Conserves fuel and reduces noise by optimizing engine speed.
LED lights indicate the generator’s status at a glance.
Features two 5-20R outlets with electronic overload protection and on 12-volt battery charging outlet.
Pull Start Handle
Provides easy start-up
- A/C Rated Output Watts: 2000
- A/C Maximum Output Watts: 2200
- Rated 120/240 VAC Amperage: 16.6
- Max 120/240 VAC Amperage: 18.3
- Engine Displacement: 126cc
- Recommended Oil: SAE 30
- Weight: 50lbs
- Fuel Tank: 1 gallon
Small size, good affordability, decent fuel efficiency and a normal noise output. Basically a good and reliable all-around inverter generator.
Overall construction is a bit flimsy while the fuel line has a tendency to sprout a leak.
- 2,200-watt peak and 2,000-watt running power produce enough energy for most small appliances and household tools
- Capable of up to 4.7 hours of continuous running
- 126 cc OHV engine is powered by gasoline
- Two 120-volt 20 Amp outlets and one 12V DC outlet with automatic voltage regulation
- Circuit protector helps safeguard the unit and connected devices from dangerous overloads
- National Park approved 64 dBA sound level
- Flex power mode reduces the amount of fuel used and noise created
- Automatic low oil shutdown feature turns off engine when oil levels are insufficient to prevent damage
It manages to chug along powering a perfect 2000 Watt load while managing to extend its life on half load by at least double its stipulated rating. Overall, this is a generator worth having as a power backup solution for your home if you don’t suffer from a regular power outage. If you are looking for a budget-friendly portable generator for an occasional camping trip, though, the Generac model may be the perfect fit for you.